Skill Up Program - Bridging The Skill Gap
We are connecting the underrepresented with opportunities and building a platform for Africans to access decent work.
Brochure: the skill Up program
Get to know what you stand to gain from this program…
Snapshot of our UI/UX Designer brochure. UX refers to the user experience, which focuses on how something works and how people interact with it. UI, or user interface, focuses on the look and layout
Snapshot of our Digital Marketing brochure. Digital marketing is the promotion of brands to connect with potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication.
Snapshot of our Data science brochure. Data science is the study of data. It involves developing methods of recording, storing, and analyzing data to effectively extract useful information.
The COVID-19 economic shock has made the skills gap broader and the need to close it more urgent,” the World Economic Forum recently said.
Many business leaders continue to centre the problem with labour markets on “unqualified” individuals without the right skills.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), it was recently said that the number of jobless individuals in Nigeria is 80,291,893. Of this number, the youths (those within the age bracket of 25-34) were highest, with 23,328,460 or 29.1% of the labour force. This is the estimated number of persons within the working population, that are available and willing to work. There is a need to skillup Nigeria and Africa as a whole through well-tailored training and employment for them to get a job or a better job.
In order to bridge the skill and employment gap, YIEE (Youth Initiative for Economic Empowerment) has committed herself to train and provide opportunities for 250, 000 youths in the next decade.
To ensure best learning experinece we have put in place some learning kits for you. We would consistently improve and deliver a better learning experinece
Frequently Asked Questions
The purpose of the Skill-Up Program is to bridge the digital skill gap in Nigeria and beyond. High poverty and illiteracy rates, the urban-rural divide, disadvantages in opportunities faced by women and girls, and low human development investments are factors hindering the closing of digital skills gaps.
The Skill-Up Program aims to:
- Promotes research to improve understanding of the state of digital skills in Nigeria and beyond. In particular, it focuses on the drivers of change on the current and future skills system at state and national level.
- Bridge the gap between education and training to meet skills needs, support growth, and create more and better jobs.
- Delivers skills development programmes based on the needs and priorities of participating countries.
- Devote particular attention to issues of inclusion. Since not all workers are equally likely to benefit from new skills opportunities, the programme reaches vulnerable groups.
To qualify for the Skill-Up Program, you need to be within any of these categories:
- A student of tertiary institution in any Africa countries.
- Currently a job seeker who is willing to develop skills and get access to employment opportunities.
- An employee who is willing to upskill or re-skill oneself in order to remain relevant for the future of works.
- Anyone who belong to the vulnerable group – people with disabilities, those from rural communities, women.
Everyone within these categories are highly encouraged to apply!
If you don’t belong to any of these categories and want to participate, send us a massage via our contact us page.
The application process is summarized into:
- Details submission
- Applicants analysis
Details submission: Applicants are required to submit required details. They will be asked to fill a form which will contain their biography and motivation for applying for YIEE Skill-Up Program.
Applicants analysis: In judging the applications, priority will be given to motivations of applicants. This will be used as a minimum requirement for acceptance into Skill Up Program.
Acceptance and training: After acceptance, successful applicants will be onboarded and trained..
Yes, it is completely FREE. This is to encourage the underrepresented in the society.